Wednesday, January 28, 2015

"Lavender Farm Red Variation" Oil Pastel - 30 Paintings in January 2015

Oil Pastel, 2.5 x 3.5"
This is a variation of yesterday's painting, and I have a couple more to show you coming up soon.  These are actually the first oil pastel paintings I did.  I have learned so much about oil pastels since these first ones, including be careful how you remove the paintings from your board--wash your hands first!  You can see how I boogered this one up in the upper left corner while removing it from the drawing board.  I'm going to try to fix this one up before I offer it for sale.
How to Remove Animal Hair from an Oil Pastel Painting
These Oil Pastel Paintings are never really dried or  hardened.  If you have purchased one of mine, I encourage you to get it behind glass as soon as you can.  Especially if you have pets in the house.  If an animal hair gets on it, it will seemingly stick.  If you  need to remove the hair, the best way I have found is to use the corner of a piece of paper almost parallel to the painting.  Just try to get the corner to move the hair or to go under the hair slightly.  Once it pulls away from the painting, you can lift it up.  Using the paper corner is far preferable than trying to use your fingers or a tweezer--both will potentially dig into the painting and change it!  If you use patience and the corner of a piece of paper, I think you will have the best results.

Kudos to the 30 in 30ers
My congratulations to you all!  I am so proud of you and hope you are proud of yourselves.  Some of you faced other challenges in addition to painting 30 Paintings in 30 Days, such as trying to paint around a full-time job (like me), painting with health challenges, painting with heavy-duty family responsibilities, and other challenges I am failing to mention.  You deserve so much credit!

Blogger Question and Tip
I am posting this on Thursday morning around 9:30 am, so I am imagining those of you Watchers who are subscribed will receive the email of the post around 9:30 pm EST.  Up until now, I have been doing my posts the night before and scheduling them for 12:30 a.m.--that's why you have been receiving notifications around noon, EST.  The question is:  Why does Blogger wait about 12 hours to send out notifications of a post?  Blogger is able to handle everything else instantly, why the delay in the notification email?

And artist bloggers, here's a tip:  If you are not already subscribed to your own blog, you might want to consider signing up.  It's very enlightening to receive your own email notifications and see for yourself exactly when they are being delivered.

Thanks for Watching...I'm off to paint--well, I may clean for awhile first :-)

7 comments:

carol edan said...

Love it!!! You are probably learning a lot about color combinations. Love the reds and oranges... the bit of blue grey really compliments the piece!!! If you didn't mention it I would not have seen it... almost matches the the dark in the tree!!! Blogger notices... 5 PM here (10 AM your time and no notice in my mail... linked through Leslie's site!!! And Leslie's link came in just an hour ago... When I go to my blogger dashboard I see Leslie's site on time in the reading list!!!

Meredith Adler said...

Oh, thanks, Carol, and thanks for explaining how you got here so early today. Yes, I wouldn't expect the email until 12 hours or so after I post...Love your piece today with the ducks and geese feeding...I hope everyone reading this hops over to your blog to see it!

http://cagleyart.blogspot.com/ said...

Hi Meredith,
I've been enjoying your work over the month.

Regarding the blog postings, I have thought that it may depend on what time zone you are in. I have found that since I'm currently in MST - if I publish my blog before 9:00 a.m. (which is 8:00 a.m. PST) - my Blog generally arrives around 10:00 a.m. If I publish after 9:30 a.m., the blog does not arrive until the next day. Does any of that address your issue?
Thanks,
Connie

Meredith Adler said...

Thanks, Connie...I will convert those times to my times and then see if it helps me figure it out...appreciate it!

Sharon L. Graves said...

Another beauty! You are so encouraging to everyone! Mine is under glass.

Susan said...

I have had the same question, Meredith! I post mine about 4:30 in the afternoon. I don't get a notice in my mailbox about that post until mid-morning the following day. Ugh!!

Love the colors in this painting. Another job well done!

Meredith Adler said...

Well, Sharon, what a nice thing to say, and great to know you've got yours covered under glass already.

Susan G, I'm glad I'm not the only one wondering about Blogger, so confusing...seems they could send an email out immediately, so why not? And thanks for the compliment on the painting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...