Sunday, July 7, 2013

WC Friends, Don't look at this till the 21st!

                                                              
                                                                                         Acrylic, 6x6"

Hi Watchers, long-time no post.  Today, my sister made me promise that I would post my monochromatic studies, since I haven't posted to this blog in awhile.  I decided to post this one instead.  It's my first shot at painting for an on-line challenge.  We are all supposed to be inspired by the theme of pubs, and everyone withholds their painting until the 21st of the month, so no one is influenced by anyone elses' painting.  This is painted from a photo, which some of you know can be difficult for me.  The reference photo is my own, although gorgeous references were provided in case we wanted to use them. 

I am more pleased with the painting than the photo of the painting.  As usual.  You will be happy to hear I am going to invest in Photoshop Elements.  Then maybe you will stop hearing me complain about my photos of my paintings.  I know it doesn't become me.

I may make a couple of changes to this one, but I also think the learning for me is to use a larger panel if I want to paint something with so much intricacy.  

Perhaps I will show you those monochromatic studies soon.

Thanks for checking in!  I do appreciate your being here....

7 comments:

StefB said...

I often feel that I'd like to be in your paintings. That must be good. I guess I'd like to hang out in a world colored your way once in a while.

Stefanie

Meredith Adler said...

Thanks, Stef, what a nice compliment. You did leave yourself wide open for me to say, "Come visit and you will hang out in these places!" (smile)

carol edan said...

Love the simplicity of this... yes very inviting....

Meredith Adler said...

Thanks, Carol!

Cathy Engberg said...

I always love how you simplify! It's just right. And your composition is interesting. It looks like a relaxing place to be so I can understand why StefB wants to be there.
Wonderful! Love it!

Linda Nickles said...

Meredith, I like your colors and overall simplicity.

Meredith Adler said...

Thank you, Cathy and Linda. I appreciate your coming by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...